This is a website I frequent and highly trust! Marks Daily Apple always has the science and articles to present to validate his posts. Mark also has a very unique way of informing even the most uninformed! This particular article is on Cholestrol. I believe cholesterol is highly misunderstood and Mark has the most informative posts on health and wellness. If by chance you have had your cholesterol checked recently and still kind of confused at what jibberish your doctor was telling you; then please read this article on how to read a cholesterol test. Enjoy my freinds and keep MOVING!!
Monthly Archives: April 2012
Suzanne was one of our first new MOVERS at our indoor location. She has always been receptive to what we’ve had to say and has a great learners mentality–which is key if you want results. And results is what she got!
Here are her AMAZING results; in the past 3 months and since she has started MOVE, her cholesterol has gone from 250 to 217. Her Hemoglobin A1C (sugar) has gone from 6.0 to 5.7. Her thyroid has improved and her High Sensitivity CRP (measuring inflammation) has gone from 3.2 down to 2.7. Can you believe it?? Katy and I can!! Her doc says keep up the good work and attributes it to better fitness and changes in her diet.
When we asked Suzanne why she joined this is what she had to say; “I joined because I like the comraderie and the fact that every workout is different. I like how I feel afterwards physically and emotionally. I also appreciate the nutritional info and encouragement you guys offer.”
What MOVES me? “How I have so much more energy now and the fact that my blood work came back so improved. And then there’s the coaches, who inspire me to do my best and keep moving.”
Way to go, Suzanne–we are SO proud of YOU!
Found this post on a friends page on Facebook. I found it extremely relevant to the gospel we preach at MOVE 🙂
When somebody drinks a Coke watch what happens…
- In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake.) You don’t immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
- 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. (There’s plenty of that at this particular moment)
- 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
- 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. This is physically the same way heroin works, by the way.
- >60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners also increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
- >60 Minutes: The caffeine’s diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you’ll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
- >60 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down you’ll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You’ve also now, literally, pissed away all the water that was in the Coke. But not before infusing it with valuable nutrients your body could have used for things like even having the ability to hydrate your system or build strong bones and teeth.
So there you have it, an avalanche of destruction in a single can. Imagine drinking this day after day, week after week. Stick to water, real juice from fresh squeezed fruit, and tea without sweetener. Primary Source: by Wade Meredith
If you would like to read the full article click here. I did put the most informative info on this post!
Do you bust your butt to get into shape and still not seeing the results you want? Are you getting the results you want, but feel like you have been hit by a truck? Aren’t you supposed to feel good from exercising? Or have you heard; when you look good you feel good? All of these questions can be answered by this article. You do not even have to workout to wear out your adrenals. This is a great article by Diane Sanfilippo. Her website is awesome and should be added to your quick links. http://balancedbites.com/. Enjoy!